As the world continues to evolve, so does fashion. From cutting-edge designs to unique personal styles, more and more individuals are pushing the boundaries of style and inspiring others with their looks. At the forefront of fashion-forward creativity are the street style icons – today, we’ll be taking a closer look at the signature looks of these trendsetting individuals.
1. A Look Into the Personal Style of the Street Style Elite
From New York to Tokyo, street style stars are being sought after in the fashion world and it is no wonder why. These trendsetters combine their own sense of style with versatility—meaning they can rock multiple fashion aesthetics: from a classic yet edgy look to an ultra-modern grunge combo to a crisp and luxurious appeal. And it is their out-of-the-box fashion repertoires that make them so cool and covetable. Here is a look into the personal styles of some of the street style elite:
- Irina Lachowicz – With a penchant for vintage and retro looks, this LA-based blogger and editor has been influencing the fashion industry with her unique yet classic style. Each piece in her outfits resonates with a statement that is timeless—high-waisted trousers are paired with bold ruffle tops and crisp blazers.
- Mie Elkjær – With a signature look that is often referred to as ‘bohemian chic’, Mie Elkjær is all about mixing and matching textures and colors to create statement-making looks, such as slouchy fitted trousers and billowing dresses made with unique fabrications.
- Eva Chen – This former ELLE magazine editor is often seen in chic and sophisticated pieces that exude her artistic and edgy aura. Chen often incorporates subtle pops of color and interesting silhouettes into her wardrobe—from pleated pant suits to high-waisted trousers and flared trench coats.
- Rumi Neely – With her girly-girl aesthetic, this fashion blogger and designer is all about femininity. She plays with volume and textures to create cool ensembles that sometimes border on her signature streetwear inspired look. From beige color block sweaters to flared jumpsuits and lace dresses, her looks are always put together with a high-fashion flavor.
Whether it is romantic and whimsical, edgy and cutting-edge, or simple and classic, the street style elite have the power to inspire and cause trends with their unique sartorial choices. Their style is a reflection of their modern and creative take on everyday dressing. As they showcase their fashion-forward combinations on the street, it is no surprise that they are often seen as the trend leaders of the fashion world, and their personal wardrobes are the epitomes of cool.
2. From Head-to-Toe: The Signature Look of Street Style Icons
Once you know you’ve mastered your signature look, it’s time to take it to the streets! Street style icons break fashion norms in edgy, artistic, and unconventional ways. It’s not just about wearing the latest clothes, it’s about crafting a look that speaks to your creativity and individual style.
If you look to street style icons for fashion inspiration, you can start with the basics. Invest in timeless staples like denim jeans, leather jackets, and white tees. Quality material will last you through the seasons, and these everyday staples can be dressed up or down for any occasion.
Street style is all about layering to make a statement. Try styling a classic printed tee with a floral skirt for a juxtaposition of styles. Or, if you’re feeling extra daring, try an asymmetric top paired with slim trousers and a pair of heels. Mixing and matching colors, prints, and textures is part of the street style game.
Finally, hairstyles are a key element in street style. Whether it’s a classic blow-out, modern sideswept curls, or a long and sleek mane, you can express yourself through your hair. Every look is better with a statement accessory, like a bold hat or colorful scarf.
- Timeless staples like denim jeans and leather jackets
- Mixing and matching colors and prints
- Hairstyles like blow-outs and side-swept curls
For street style stars, it’s all about experimenting and creating a look that’s truly unique. Show the world you’re unafraid and embrace your own style.
3. Global Influencers: Exploring Street Style Around the World
In the world of fashion, it’s all about being on the cutting edge. Innovative ideas and unique looks are constantly pushing the bounds of fashion, and global influencers work to capture those ideas and bring them to life. Street style fashion is one of the best ways to gain insight into the trends of the day, and the most stylish influencers explore the streets of the world to bring back one of a kind looks.
- Bright colors and bold prints suitable for any occasion.
- Unexpected layering pieces and versatile textures.
- The stratification of bold and muted hues.
Tokyo street style reigns supreme, and the Japanese capital has become famous for its boundary-pushing fashion. From ultra-modern monochromatic outfits to whimsical embellishments, Tokyo streets have it all. The city is full of vibrant prints, bold color-blocking and intricate layering pieces that result in some of the most memorable street style looks.
New York City, USA
- Statement shoes and street-style sneakers.
- Extravagant accessories and head-turning silhouettes.
- Gender-bending trends and fashion fusion.
New York City is another well-known fashion capital — and for good reason. The city’s unique approach to clothing has pushed the limits of traditional style. NYC fashion is about embracing avant-garde trends and pushing boundaries when it comes to personal expression. From street-style sneakers and one-of-a-kind accessories to gender-bending apparel, New York City style sets the standard for modern fashion.
- A touch of elegance and modern minimalism.
- The infusion of unique details with classic pieces.
- A focus on elegance and sophistication.
Paris is renowned for its timeless approach to fashion, and the fashionable locals embody that chic sensibility. Street style in Paris has less to do with statement pieces and more to do with establishing a signature look that exudes elegance. Paris street style is about blending classic pieces with unique details in order to create a look that is sophisticated and timeless. Distinctive stripes, delicate scarves and high-quality textures are all integral to Parisian street style.
4. Breaking Down Street Style for the Everyday Fashionista
It’s easy to admire the head to toe looks we see on the street style blogs, but actually incorporating that style into our everyday lives is a little harder. It’s all about finding a balance between personal expression and comfort. Here are some tips to help you break down those coveted street styles:
Focus on Key Pieces
When all you take away from street style snaps are the very statement pieces such as loud prints, bright colors, statement necklaces, over the knee boots, etc. you’l miss the point. Instead, focus on the key pieces that can be easily worn and styled. A well tailored blazer, an effortlessly chic t-shirt, an unexpected combo of texture and colors, and booties that can be worn all year long.
Think of Your Everyday Life
Think about your everyday life, your lifestyle, and the occasions you often attend. Outfit options should be based on that. Also, when shopping look for street style ideas to imitate, or pieces similar to those that can work with your everyday wardrobe. The same look won’t work for everyone, so always keep in mind your own lifestyle and body type.
Make Comfort a Priority
Nobody wants to be stuck in a way-to-tight skirt or blouse while walking around the city. Comfort should be your top priority when it comes to styling yourself. If it feels uncomfortable or suffocating, scrap that outfit and try something else.
Go Low-key with Makeup and Hairstyles
Accompanying the street style look with your makeup and hairdo is also essential. You don’t want to overdo the look with an over-the-top hairdo or a bold beauty look – keep it simple and understated. A light hand with the eyeliner, a neat ponytail, or just a bit of foundation can do the trick.
Lastly, be confident. You don’t have to look like a million bucks, just be comfortable in your own skin, and don’t be afraid to try new things. After all, no matter how stylish our outfit is, it won’t look good if we don’t wear it with poise and confidence. Street style doesn’t have to be intimidating, so step out of your comfort zone and have fun!
The street style icons we have discussed demonstrate that fashion-forward individuals don’t need designer labels to make an impact. Whether through bold color choices or edgy accessories, it’s possible to make a stylish statement with a creative eye and a creative spirit. With street style, you can embrace your unique style, and be the star of your own fashion show.